Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Meeting the Dawn Opens in Ballston Spa!

Meeting the Dawn Opens in Ballston Spa! 

"Meeting The Dawn" a solo exhibit featuring over 20 of my nature and Adirondack  photographs starts Friday August 8th at the Jan Rutland Artists' Space in the National Bottle Museum, 76 Milton Avenue, Ballston Spa, NY. The exhibit will run until Saturday September 13th. The museum, and my exhibit will be open each week Friday - Tuesday from 10 am - 4 PM. 

This is my first solo exhibit in 4 years and I am very pleased to be offered this opportunity to show my work again, with many of the pieces on display for the first time. The name of the show is also the title of one of my images, (seen below) a piece selected and included in the Master Division of the 2014 Central Adirondack Art Show in Old Forge New York. 

"Meeting The Dawn"
The images in this exhibit highlight what one experiences at the break of day: the play of light on the mist & water, encounters with wildlife and the contrasts, reflections and shadows of first light. 

The Opening Reception with light refreshment will be held Sunday, August 17th from 2 to 4 PM in the exhibit space, I look forward to seeing you there. 

To access the 2nd floor gallery use the main entrance to the bottle museum on MIlton Avenue (Rte 50) and take the stairs on the right side of the first floor.  

Parking is available on the street and in the municipal parking lot at the rear of the building.

I hope you can get a chance to visit both my exhibit and the National Bottle Museum, an amazing place exploring both the history and art of glass and bottles. I want to thank all of the kind people there for their support and promotion of my work. 

Dave 

No comments:

Post a Comment